Senior Product Manager - Data Science
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Booking.com is the world's leading accommodation site but boasts a small, start-up feel. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travellers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in over 1 million accommodations worldwide, our mission is to make travel, experience, and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for product owners to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
The team you'd join - Machine Learning Platform - we envision and set product direction for ML investments powering the world's largest online accommodation reservations website. Your charter is to build Booking's state-of-the-art Machine Learning Platform. Our customers are the data scientists and machine learning engineers of Booking. The tools scale to millions of bookings a day leveraging billions of inferences to optimize the end-user experience. Booking is betting big on the Connected Trip! Our ML engine powers the personalization of services for our travelers. In short, you would play a critical role on the team building the tools that solve Booking's hardest data and modelling challenges. Our mission is to radically accelerate innovation across all ML teams by providing a self-service, end to end platform, enabling creation of connected, and repeatable, machine learning solutions.
Be the voice of the customer and driving force behind product innovation; from in-depth product understanding to feature development of new ML capabilities.
- Identify customers behaviours and needs through research and analysis.
- Take full ownership of the product, the prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Analyse, understand, and share learnings from ML use cases to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
Who you are
As a Product Manager Data Scientist working in ML, you are a technical subject-matter expert that bridges the ML engineering world and data science (DS) communities to shape the direction of our ML platform, alongside your team. You enjoy leveraging an understanding of machine learning projects actively developed at B.com and the ongoing industry developments to ensure the right technology investments are being made within the platform. Your knowledge of ML pipelines helps raise the quality of ML together with the Booking community.
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything they do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Passionate about machine learning and building a platform that can be leveraged by the whole company. Constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline the capabilities.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following:
- Experienced with Machine Learning technologies. Familiar with creating and bringing models to production, at scale. Deep understanding of the ML lifecycle and pipelines.
- Experience with public ML Cloud offerings (AWS and GCP) and building ML platforms
- 5 years of experience leading cross-functional teams
- A proven track-record of developing products that are powered by machine learning
- Good knowledge of data science / analytics techniques
- Experience running A/B tests (or exposure to A/B testing concepts)
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google Analytics is a plus
- Previous involvement with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites is a plus
What's in it for you?
The Product Manager Data Science position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top