Senior Payment Fraud Analyst
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Senior Payment Fraud Analyst. The goal of the Fraud Operations team is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior. The team is responsible for managing security and fraud threats across the business operations globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key. The Fraud Operations team is part of the Security Department within Technology.
We are looking for a Senior Payment Fraud Analyst who is motivated to take ownership for an array of actions to address incidents for which they are held accountable: Analysts investigate and resolve fraud cases from start to finish. On the one hand they must have great communication skills to proactively inform and involve relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Customer Service, Legal, Technology, Finance) and mentor team members. On the other hand analysts are expected to proactively initiate innovation within security and fraud operations.
- Perform complex analyses to discover trends and identify emerging threats;
- Provide training and support education by sharing outcomes of analyses about fraud patterns to relevant stakeholders;
- Mentor team members;
- Persistently undertakes exploration of new products and markets, behavioral and linked analysis;
- Provide reporting to senior management that highlights trends in refunds, chargebacks, chargeback wins, and fraud.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise automated strategies and approaches for Payment Fraud operations including proactive alerting to stay ahead of new fraud vectors;
- Assist in the development of new tools for uses in fraud detection and prevention;
- Contribute or lead other projects which reduce payment fraud related losses while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience;
- Work effectively with team members and leadership by communicating fraud trends and sharing ideas and knowledge in a constructive and positive manner.
- At least 5 years of knowledge and experience in fraud and risk in payments, e-commerce, or related industries;
- Strong understanding of risk management in a card not present environment;
- Must have strong decision making ability and be self-disciplined;
- Ability to create, modify and execute complex SQL and Hadoop database queries to retrieve and analyze data;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and cross-functional influence, with the tenacity to keep issues top of mind with relevant stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritize incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communications;
- Self-starter and able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Comfortable working fluently in English, both written and spoken;
- Currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Trustworthy character;
- BSc, MSc or equivalent, preferably in Law, Computer Science, Criminology, Physics, Econometrics, or comparable;
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus.
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Senior Payment Fraud Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top