Senior Legal Counsel (Privacy)
Senior Legal Counsel (Privacy)
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission - to help travelers discover the world - is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter - experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments - we are actively recruiting the next generation of global entrepreneurs.
As an e-commerce company with some 16,000 employees, and processing more than a million transactions per day Booking.com is a highly visible company, and is processing substantial amounts of personal data. As a company we are committed to helping customers experience the world and protecting their information as key to this mission.
With the increasing importance of data protection and privacy laws within Europe and globally, Booking.com has decided to further expand its Privacy Team. We are currently looking for a Senior Privacy Counsel to join our Amsterdam based Privacy Team. As a Senior Privacy Counsel you will work in a team of dedicated lawyers and supporting privacy compliance analysts.
- Assess data processing activities within the global Booking.com corporate group;
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments;
- Provide (ad-hoc) legal advice for privacy related matters globally, including electronic marketing and security laws;
- Keep up with new developments in data protection and privacy laws globally;
- Implement and maintain privacy policies and procedures;
- Craft and deliver privacy awareness trainings;
- Perform third party services risk assessments and negotiate data processing agreements and data protection issues within commercial contracts with group members or third parties;
- Work closely with the Global Privacy and Data Protection Officer, other Legal Counsels, Risk & Compliance, Procurement, Security and other colleagues as well as outside counsels worldwide.
- Possessing a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a top tier law firm and/or major corporation in a role involving data protection and consumer laws, privacy compliance and data security;
- A BSc/MSc in Law;
- CIPP/E / CIPT (or other similar) certification is a plus;
- Deep understanding of GDPR/EU 95/46;
- Deep understanding of system integration concepts, platform strategies, cloud-based infrastructures and new IT technology fields;
- Knowledge and experience in applying risk based decision making;
- Adaptable: Has openness to new ideas, is a "quick-read" for changing situations and balances long-term view with short-term actions;
- Self-starter with high energy and drive; fast paced and results driven;
- High level of project management skills and at the same time, able to "roll up sleeves" to get the job done;
- Proactive, with the ability to quickly respond to issues at hand; able to prioritize effectively; entrepreneurial;
- Excellent in communicating in English - verbally, in writing and listening (other language skills are a plus);
- A team player.
Back to top