As an Senior In-House Payroll Specialist w ithin a technical team, you will ensure the highest standard of in-house payroll services by managing and maintaining relationships with Payroll NL team members, Payroll NL Manager, internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, HR & Legal) and third parties (e.g. tax office, pension provider) to ensure accurate, compliant and timely processed payroll within a global and dynamic environment.
This is typically a "technical working supervisor" who spends more than 50% of time performing payroll processing, checking and related activities. And as senior spends an average of 50% of time planning, coordinating, supervising and advising on payroll related matters and activities.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be a strong contributor within our internal account teams. Interpersonal skills, good communication and the proven ability to work accurately with tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must. Our employees are some of the best and brightest, working with them will be both challenging and rewarding. So, if you can do it all with a smile and a great attitude that is a huge plus.
This full time position will be based in our Amsterdamoffice.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate all payroll activities
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational (excellence) requirements
- Advice and support on and ensure compliance with relevant Dutch legislation, company policy and SOX requirements
- Advice on various Payroll matters
- Leading in Payroll NL projects to maintain a scalable and compliant payroll environment with the aim to support HR/People and business objectives
- Take ownership and represent the payroll function during ongoing HR/Finance/Business/Third parties projects/meetings
- Support on and process cross-border payroll administration
- Support on and process equity administration
- Support on year-end activities
- Be responsible for, and contribute in, the maintenance and preparation of in-house payroll for all functions, including senior management, based in The Netherlands.
- Initiate, plan, execute and check the payroll process with accurate, timely and consistent results
- Perform data validations on payroll output/reports and resolve discrepancies within tight deadlines.
- 5-8 years experience in a Payroll role
- Able to advise on NL taxations and labor law related to employee benefits and compensations
- Up-to-date knowledge on wage tax, pension, social security and other employment laws/regulations (labor law)
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and third parties
- Experience with cross-border payroll matters
- Experience with various HR/Payroll systems
- Experience to work within a SOX environment
- Ability to coach/guide/train team members/internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English
- Ability to manage fast pace environment
- Ability to take ownership of parts in the payroll processes
- Problem solving mindset, positive and constructive attitude