Senior Identity & Authentication Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com is looking for a Senior Identity & Authentication Engineer. As a member of a small team you will be responsible for the architecture, build, implementation, and maintenance of our corporate Identity & Authentication services (e.g. Okta, AD, Azure AD, LDAP). You will be required to drive constant innovation in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing tremendous growth, where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required. As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within the team and across the wider department.
At Booking.com we have a data-driven and solution-focused mindset which gives you the freedom to solve problems in the most suitable way with confidence and data to show you are making a positive impact!
We are passionate about our employees' experience and we are looking to reduce friction in Identity areas by using modern auth practices.
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community.
- Combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure to enable our continued growth.
- Keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Solve business problems while working cross-functionally
- We value ownership and we are always looking to improve our systems and processes
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow.
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas".
- You have an extensive understanding of authentication protocols/scripting/languages (e.g. API, OAuth2, Kerberos, SAML, OpenID Connect, PowerShell, Python)
- You have at least 2 years of experience with designing and implementing Okta Identity solutions or similar modern IDP providers ( Ping, OneLogin, Azure AD).
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience with managing Active Directory.
- You have hands-on experience migrating on-premise authentication services to the cloud.
- You can challenge, steer, and implement the future vision and roadmap for Identity and Authentication.
- You have the skills to design and implement systems to enable seamless and secure access to applications that support our internal customers and their operational needs while keeping systems stable and secure.
- You are passionate about automation. Experience with GIT is a plus
- It would be great if you had experience managing either Azure AD or AWS Directory services
- You are passionate about identity space and its role as a foundational layer for modern corporate architecture
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Back to top