It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth's #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
Are you interested in revolutionizing how we do that within our Android & iOS app? Then join us! As Senior Engineering Manager of the App Framework team you will be leading a group of very talented and senior engineers that shape our foundational app technologies. These enable 100+ app engineers across Booking to efficiently build products with great user experiences that are used by millions of people every single day!
Your role is to enable your team and help them to grow toward their goals. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option. You get things done via influence, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with your product counterparts to ensure we are always working towards what's most important for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for your area.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a group of highly experienced engineers
- Drive innovation through strategic prioritisation and technical subject matter expertise
- Partner with the senior leaders in App Core in shaping the product vision, creating the delivery roadmaps, and managing their execution across a complex set of internal and external dependencies.
- Influence senior stakeholders across the business to reach and maintain strategic and tactical alignment
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating
- Software development delivery, quality and practices within your team
- Nurture, grow and develop engineering talent in the team and foster a great culture
- Deep technical subject matter expertise and thorough hands-on experience in app development (8+ years working in technology out of which 5+ years on mobile apps)
- Demonstrable experience in shaping and leading a software engineering function across multiple products or business areas (3+ years as a manager)
- Experience of leading directly a team as well as through others
- Track record shaping products from concept through delivery at scale
- Natural leader and communicator who is collaborative and builds great relationships
- A knack for connecting the dots and collaborating with various stakeholders to prioritize what maximizes business value
- Experience building/evolving cross-platform app frameworks and foundational technologies
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com