Senior Engineering Manager - Asset Management
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Our mission at Booking.com is to create visionary, innovative, and personalized travel experiences for millions of customers all across the world. We want customers to have an amazing experience wherever and whenever they choose: mobile, web, and through partners and 3rd parties.
As an enabler to our mission we continually invest in our internal infrastructure to enable creating these experiences. We are investing in implementing a best-of-class asset management platform to implement a sustainable, single source of truth asset management solution, where all assets are recorded and managed throughout their lifecycle; which meet Booking.com's regulatory obligations and external demands whilst delivering our business objectives.
We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower individuals rather than restrict them.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You get things done via collaboration, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You are comfortable with ambiguity, but also great at driving ambiguity down. You lean heavily on iteration, and you believe failure, and failing fast, is a part of learning. You work cross-functionally across the entire Booking.com organization to ensure we are always working towards what's most important for our customers. And you take full end to end ownership for your area.
Your responsibilities will include end to end ownership of a centralized IT/Enterprise Service Management platform (ie CMDB, etc) for Booking.com; this includes customer engagement, prioritization, and implementation. You will establish and maintain the vision, strategy and roadmap for the platform. You will operate the platform as a service, engaging with business units looking to onboard and leverage the platform capabilities to solve internal problems. This also includes:
- Lead an asset management team to implement, maintain, and facilitate best in class asset management practices and procedures across the organization
- Own the enterprise platform and facilitate optimal usage across multiple internal stakeholders
- Coach and develop deployment, operational, support and technical leads as well as team members.
- Create strong internal partnerships to drive multi-functional projects forward
- Enforce overall governance and alignment with business issues.
- Own platform licensing, budgeting, supplier and consultancy relationships.
- 3+ years experience in management of asset management platforms such as ServiceNow at scale
- 5+ years experience in management of platforms leveraged across larger organizations
- Diverse managerial experience including a combination of big and start-up organization
- Background in software and systems engineering
- Independent, pragmatic, and proactive work attitude
- Past experience as a developer with high impact is a plus
- Experience working on large scale websites is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Back to top