Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core, and innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
In order to enable this, The Tel Aviv's Machine Learning Center takes an AI-first approach to product development. We pursue machine learning-heavy topics, such as personalization, vision and voice.
As a Senior Data Scientist you are a technical subject-matter expert, who generates significant business impact and crafts the direction of product initiatives, by being driven and having full ownership of complex projects - from the initial idea-generation phase to the implementation.
You will thrive at Booking.com if you are result-focused, creative, and with a strong quantitative background, but most of all by understanding our complex business model and the logic behind it.
As a role model in the Data Science community you will raise the level of know-how and infuse best practices in your business area by enabling the growth of others around you.
This can mean driving state-of-the-art projects, teaching, mentoring, or building the internal community, and by making your work scalable and forward-looking. Furthermore, you will act as a technical advisor for teams and business partners within the company.
Do you want to joins us and crunch some of the largest travel datasets around, and have a direct impact on million of users worldwide? Keep reading.
- Identify machine learning opportunities and deliver end-to-end - including research, model development, prototyping, offline validation, implement into production and online testing
- Guide the correct application of data science and machine learning and ensure a high-level of quality
- Ability to see beyond the numbers - be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers, product owners and team leaders
- The dexterity to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of the business
- Be a go-to person in your technical area of expertise
- Continuously learn and teach your craft. Keep up to date with industry and academic standard methodologies and advocate for standard methodologies
- Challenge ideas and methods while collaborating with talented and highly skilled team members.
- Contribute to the expansion of the Tel Aviv site through interviewing, on-boarding, mentoring and being the external ambassador of Booking.com
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an applied data science role
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of all data science facets: working with large data sets, machine learning, statistics, experimentation, data visualization, optimization, software development
- Experience applying Data Science to business problems.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally (e.g. Developers, UX specialists, Product Owners, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL, R, Spark or similar technologies.
- Able to convince others through evidence and clear communication; can clearly explain advanced technical concepts in simpler terms
- Interested and experienced in coaching, mentoring and technical leadership
- You have strong knowledge in at least one field of applied machine learning (e.g. Recommender Systems, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Causal Inference, scaling ML models, etc)
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with unique perks and benefits. The Technology Department has regular hackathons, "exploration days", trainings and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open only to people that are already based in Israel.
Back to top