Senior Data Scientist
Booking.com is looking for data savvy professionals to join our team of data scientists. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be working with stakeholders throughout the company to translate business needs into tangible data science projects. You will be hands on and act as a thought leader in a particular domain of expertise. You'll also mentor new and more junior co-workers on the skills they need to build successful careers at Booking.com. If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of data hacker, business strategist, communicator and mentor that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then we'd like to hear from you.
The Data Scientists at Booking.com support all areas of our business: Customer Service, Accommodation Partners, Front End, Security… Even our newer products like Booking Home and Business Bookers. Your challenge will be utilizing our petabyte scale data to support business decisions and improve our products. Joining a cross functional team of developers, designers, and product owners, we invite you to help us crunch the data to ensure our place as the planet's #1 accommodation site.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Ability to see beyond the numbers – be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers, product owners and team leaders.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working with talented, highly skilled team members.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, mentoring and being the external ambassador of Booking.com
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- An all around data scientist: strong statistics background, experience in algorithm programming, experimentation, data visualization, machine learning, optimization and big data
- Experience applying Data Science to commercial problems.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally (i.e. Developers, UX Experts, Product Owners, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL, R or similar technologies.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all stakeholder levels
- Interest and experience in coaching, mentoring and technical leadership
For this position we also require strong expertise in applying at least one of the following fields or problem domains:
- Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Speech Recognition, Computer Vision, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Game Theory, Econometrics, Operations Research, Causal Inference / Experimentation, Forecasting, or another area of your choice that you think will help us to give our customers the best experience in the world!
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Senior Data Scientist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top