Senior Data Analyst
- Works autonomously with data scientists and / or business stakeholder. Proactively suggests ways of achieving team objectives.
- Actively participates in analytics, business and/or product team activities (standup, planning meeting, retrospectives). Expected to be networking within and outside the department.
- Leads and supports the data initiatives for reporting & business intelligence. Thinks about future needs and prepares for it.
- Works within team of other reporting analysts or data scientists or on project base with a business team. Cross departmental or company project base work is expected.
- Delivers actionable analyses or reports and helps on prioritising according to an ROI.
- Delivers a data-infrastructure that is in line with reporting requirements and business needs.
- Provides training / learning on new business dynamics, tools and data
- Expected to get significant deep knowledge about the operational, tactical and strategic workings of the department. Has a main focus on business and technical opportunities.
Expected to participate in recruitment activities for the analyst role.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Proactively helps others to deliver and act upon feedback within their craft.
- Proactively spots business needs and comes up with ideas to add value by creating new reports, dashboards, tables and analyses as solutions.
- Involves and leads (when in their scope) all relevant parties in discussions to identify challenges and works towards agreed solutions.
- Mastery of main coding languages used in their area, data analysis and reporting tools so that they are capable of working autonomously to deliver actionable insights. This applies both as an individual contributor and as a go-to person within the area for any other.
- Mastery in data gathering, cleaning and wrangling using the coding language needed to ensure the quality of data to be used in analysis. This applies both as an IC and as a go-to person within the area for other people.
- Are champions of initiatives that provide data stability and demonstrates in-depth knowledge on the upstream & downstream for their workflows, tables and dashboards.
- They lead initiatives within the Analytics Community with the aim of sharing inside and outside knowledge, promoting new tools and techniques and fostering participation across the board.
- Sets the standard of quality for analysts work and performance within their scope.
- Leads initiatives for new definitions and finds solutions for issues with metrics as they work with the data.
- Finds opportunities to multiply business impact of their work.
- Creates new metrics and is responsible of the adoption within their area to support the tracking of business objectives.
- Is able to tap into the analytics community to bring relevant knowledge to support the resolution of the problem at hand and shares that knowledge back to the community.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab...)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- You are a proven change maker and discerning analytical thinker, true passion for people analytics and a desire to take complete ownership of high-impact projects in a hyper-growth company.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd is one of Booking.com BV's support companies in China
Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd is looking for a Senior Data Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top