Senior Authentication Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com is looking for a Senior Authentication Engineer. As a member of a small team you will be responsible for the design, build, implementation and maintenance of Authentication services both on-premise and in the cloud (e.g. AD, Azure AD and Okta). You will be required to drive constant innovation in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing tremendous growth, where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required. As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within the team and across the wider department.
At Booking.com we have a data-driven and solution focused mindset which gives you the freedom to solve problems in the most suitable way with confidence and data to show you are making a positive impact!
- Combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth.
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve our colleague's user experience within Booking.com.
- Proactively monitor, configure and maintain the existing systems and identify possibilities for improvement.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow.
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community.
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas".
- You have at least 5 years hands-on experience in Active Directory architecture, deployment, maintenance and support
- You have a solid understanding of traditional and modern authentication technologies (e.g. LDAP, Kerberos, SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth2)
- You have hands-on experience migrating on premise authentication services to the cloud.
- You have experience managing Azure AD
- You have experience with managing infrastructure through automation
- You are familiar with the concepts of Identity Management
- You can design and implement solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of core IT Infrastructure services.
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels.
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality.
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you act proactively and not reactively.
- You are customer focused, a team player and should be fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
- It would be great if you have prior experience with mentoring, coaching and training team members.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Back to top