Risk Control Officer
Risk & Control Officer Job Description
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Risk & Control Officer to join the Process, Risk & Controls team. We continuously strive to improve all aspects of our performance, and this position represents a new and exciting opportunity for you to join a fast growing, motivated team of professionals in Amsterdam.
As a Risk & Control Officer, you will be responsible for supporting process owners throughout the business to design and maintain internal controls in line with risk and compliance needs and to maintain the quality of our processes. You will work closely with stakeholders from multiple departments. This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus, but be able to zoom in and out of the details to ensure you understand the processes fully.
Process, Risk & Controls is quite a new team, so you will have a great opportunity to build and shape the scope as the team evolves.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, co-ordinate & participate in risk assessments on financial statements, business processes and other risk & compliance topics
- Assess processes to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Identify controls that are currently in place, as well as any control gaps, based on identified risks
- Provide guidance and support to process owners in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate the company risks
- Assist and participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls in cross functional processes
- Maintain the internal control environment
- Assist with documentation of processes by collaborating with process owners and control performers
- Support process owners with various compliance frameworks, e.g. SOX and COSO
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation including flow charts, process narratives and risk and control matrices, segregation of duties matrices and any others required
- Develop and deliver presentations, tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding impact of internal controls & compliance
- Support Internal and External audit teams to ensure that remediation plans are implemented on a timely basis for any deficiencies found
- Research and understand all relevant compliance regulations to ensure process owners are aware of anything that could impact them
Skills & Competencies required:
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Previous experience (at least 3+ years) in a compliance, quality, risk or audit role is a must
- Thorough understanding of internal control frameworks (e.g. SOX & COSO) and experience in applying them in various business areas/functions is a must
- Finance experience preferred
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (other languages would be a plus)
- Data analysis (MySQL, ACL etc) is a plus
- Project management skills preferred
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Risk Control Officer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top