Research & Insights Director
Booking.com, Planet Earth's #1 accommodation site, is looking for a Global Research & Insights Director to lead the Partner Research & Insights team within its Partner Services department. Given Booking.com's strong tradition in data-driven innovation, achieved through research and experimentation, this is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
As our new Global Research & Insights Director, you will lead a talented team of 15 Research & Insights Specialists and Coordinators focused on delivering actionable insights that drive business growth by improving the experience of Booking.com's 1.6 million accommodation partners. In this role, you provide strategic leadership, constantly challenge the status quo to spur innovation, and drive an insight-driven culture throughout the organization.
Your primary goal is enabling Product, Commercial and Operational teams to improve the partner experience faster and with greater business impact. To achieve this, you set a clear vision and success metrics for your team, empower them to succeed, and are obsessed with optimizing the team's approach for impact, efficiency and speed. You leverage agile insight methods and in-house research approaches, partner with external research agencies, and encourage the team to test new cutting edge approaches to constantly improve the way of working.
As a seasoned research expert, you coach your team to deliver top-notch insights and act as a thought leader within the company-wide research community, seeking to inspire, unify and take the broader community to the next level.
- Lead, manage and motivate your team by providing clear expectations, appropriate coaching and mentoring, regular feedback and ambitious but attainable goals
- Structure the team and approaches to align with business needs and working practices, advocating a pragmatic and agile approach to research
- Encourage innovation, new approaches and fast feedback loops
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business on the most relevant insights and trends to encourage the prioritization of key opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external research agencies
- Drive collaboration by building a culture of ownership, transparency & learning
- Manage team research budget and recruitment projections effectively
- A proven track record of 10 years of (hands-on) research experience in a commercial environment, preferably in both market research agency and consumer insights roles
- Experience successfully managing a team to achieve OKRs and high employee engagement
- Ability to influence and consult across various levels and disciplines, including leadership team
- Broad mastery of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Analytical, strategic, humble, entrepreneurial and data-driven
- Experience with and passion for working in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferably in marketing, market research, business, psychology or a related field)
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com. We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We are successfully relocating 100+ professionals to Amsterdam every month!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Research & Insights Director in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top