Regional Workplace Services Manager - Americas
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets.
Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Regional Workplace Services Manager who will be responsible for running the smooth daily operations within the network of offices across the Americas region (Canada, North America, and the LATAM area). The successful candidate will be based in our new downtown Seattle, WA office.
As the Regional Manager of Workplace Services, you are responsible to manage the operational aspects of all the Booking.com locations in the Americas, The Workplace Services/Office Management Team is part of the global Real Estate & Workplace Services team (REWS). The purpose of the REWS team is: to deliver a functional, safe, healthy, welcoming and inspiring environment to everyone who enters our offices. We do this so that our colleagues can deliver their high impact work to build and develop the world's leading experiences platform.
Essential is aligning the support needs of each location with the capacity of the office support team (remote support as a fixed responsibility, mobile support between our offices or sometimes just as a back-up for an Office colleague).
The core tasks of this position are to build, develop and lead the Workplace Services Team across the Americas Region and to manage and ensure flawless and timely execution of all tasks, guidelines, processes and contracts that ensure a fluently run network of offices.
This person will report to the global Director of REWS (direct manager) in Amsterdam, and directly manage a team of 4 Team Leads. The total team of Office Support Services is approximately 38 people, managed directly by the 4 Team Leads. Works closely and in collaboration with the regional leadership in the Americas region (most based in Seattle) including the Regional Head of HR, Regional Manager of Customer Service, and the Managing Director of the Americas.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading, coaching and developing the direct team of 4 Team Leads and the total team of Office Managers across the Americas Region
- Stakeholder management with the regional business owners, with the global process owners in HQ (Security, Finance, Travel, Events) and with the peers in the REWS team
- Managing vendors and suppliers representing the interests of Booking.com
- Driving Performance Management across the Office Team
- Managing and ensuring consistent application of human resource processes including career development, salary, (annual/quarterly) review(s), and recruiting and performance management for your team
- Running daily operations according to budget and quarterly goals and plans
- Ensure the execution of quarterly and annual plans according to deadlines, budget and necessary resources
- Excellent planning of staffing and managing the allocation of headcount to the appropriate locations
- Making sure that the regional Office team delivers on the REWS purpose of delivering a functional, safe, healthy, welcoming and inspiring environment to everyone who enters our offices.
- Responsible for security, look and feel and catering of the building and Health & Safety requirements
- Balancing a cost-driven facilities and hospitality mindset
- 8 years+ working experience in the (international) facility and/or hospitality industry
- 5 years+ experience in people management in several locations (experience managing remote employees strongly preferred)
- Having experience with working across cultures, countries, backgrounds and nationalities, especially within North and South America.
- Able to organize information and people, and establish priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to synthesize information and ideas
- Able to build a relationship of mutual trust with key stakeholders from the business and from HQ
- Develop the team to increase their knowledge and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eye for detail, self-confident and dares to make decisions
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure and set priorities
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of facility and hospitality management
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to travel both to both domestic and international locations (All countries in North & South America, also to Amsterdam 1-2x/year.)
Back to top