Regional Manager, Experiences APAC
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the APAC Experiences industry to lead and develop a well performing team in order to promote Booking.com to new Experiences/In-Destination services partners and optimizing the relationships with those already existing.
The main objective of this role is to support Booking.com in optimizing the overall performance of these partners; to guide, develop and motivate your team of Market Managers and Account Managers and to assist the local teams in their cooperation with the partners in their countries.
As the Regional Manager, you are responsible for supporting Booking.com maintaining its relationship with the partners. You are responsible for coordinating the account management team for the assigned partners in APAC. You will also be responsible for the account management of the assigned partners in APAC. You support Booking.com by creating operational medium to long-term plans, providing quantity and quality reports and assisting with the long-term growth, the accomplishment of internal targets as well as developing and coaching talents within your teams. You will report directly to the Global Commercial Manager in Amsterdam.
You will be internally responsible for the Experiences team in Singapore, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for providing timely feedback to relevant stakeholders. You will be reporting to VP & Managing Director APAC in improving Experiences' travel products and services and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in Experiences and travel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus in-destination services.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of Market Managers and Account Managers.
- Support Booking.com in establishing and maintaining good relationships with Global offices of the assigned partners.
- Day to day communication with key partners
- Lead and develop a well performing team;
- Assist Booking.com with reporting on monthly and quarterly basis about performance from participating partners.
- Support Booking.com in analyzing and identifying new opportunities of existing partners to work closely with the Booking.com model.
- Use tools to analyze experiences/in-destination performance and to prioritize actions;
- Create operational plans for consideration of relevant stakeholders;
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc
- Responsible for area coverage, internal targets and long-term growth of the assigned area;
- Be a medium for complaints and problems;
- Liaise with local experiences teams, other departments such as Connectivity, other hotel groups teams in other regions, finance, CS etc.
- Deliver quantity and quality reports for information support to Booking.com;
- Advise key partners about internet strategies;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits;
- Assist Booking.com in promoting its brand name to partners;
- Support Booking.com in expanding partner networks;
- Support Booking.com's strategy to grow Experiences travel products and services;
- Analyze and identify existing areas;
- Support Booking.com in managing relationships for new Experiences partners including visitations;
- Providing information support to Booking.com by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on competitors.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with international groups to promote growth.
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership (team management) and account management experience;
- Excellent understanding of the in-destination services market.
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and business skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Availability to travel up to 50%.
- Extensive knowledge of Booking.com formula and processes;
- Must Possess Booking experience to launch a new product/vertical.
- 10 years+ of experience in a relevant function;
- 2-3 years+ proven senior management experience in a global travel industry.
- University level degree.
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Regional Manager, Experiences APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top