Regional Manager, Credit Control – APAC
In this role, you will lead over 130+ personnel in the APAC Credit Control department which supports Booking.com BV with steering collections strategies, optimizing quality and performance of its portfolio, drive team engagement and development. Reporting to the Regional Finance Director, you will be based in our Singapore Regional HQ office.
As a strategic partner to the business and a critical part of finance organization, you will interact and collaborate with regional leadership team, department heads, regional and area managers along with finance peers and counterparts on a regular basis to support Booking.com with improvement on all aspects of its invoice-to-cash cycle.
A successful candidate should possess deep knowledge of credit control discipline, business acumen, market practices and industry trends to help creating most effective strategic and operational plans, while cultivating relationships with both external partners and internal stakeholders. And due to the rapid and significant growth of the business and the regional organization, the tasks and expectations of this role will evolve over time.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team by providing clear direction, expectations, along with coaching, mentoring and feedback;
- Support Booking.com BV by determining KPI's, set corresponding targets, and own the results;
- Optimize organizational structure to achieve departmental goals;
- Analyze existing operational processes and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Assist Booking.com with developing new collection methods based on the needs of the appointed region such as seasonality, economic conditions, available payment methods or other factors;
- Support Booking.com with developing and maintaining the business relationship with its accommodations partners and internal stakeholders;
- Foster an environment which promotes out-of-the-box thinking, frequent experimentation
- Ensure adherence to company policies and applicable governmental regulations;
- Ensure adequate succession planning is in place across all levels of the department
- Leverage other regions and HQ resources
- At least 15 years of experience in Finance or related field, and with >10 years of management experience;
- Thought leader in credit control, e-commerce and technology;
- Capacity to turn concepts into practical operational initiatives;
- Proven track record in managing and developing individuals and teams;
- Proven leadership and planning skills;
- Excellent English speaker (both written and spoken);
- Excellent communication and persuasive engagement skills;
- Critical thinking and thorough technical decision making skills;
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives;
- Advanced presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in a fast growing and customer oriented international company;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to be flexible and work in changing and challenging environment;
- 20% travel required
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is looking for a Regional Manager, Credit Control – APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top