Regional HR Manager – APAC
Are you a great people leader? Are you inspired by challenges and delivering results in a dynamic environment that embraces innovation? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel and experiences?
Booking.com's scale and scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make our company a great place to work. We're leaders in what we do, and we're constantly moving forward to explore new ways to delight Booking.com's customers and deliver positive business results. We get to work in a very global and diverse environment, across a widely distributed workforce. Our expectations are high, because our shareholders, colleagues and Booking.com's customers expect it and deserve it. Yours will be too, and you'll have the results to demonstrate from your previous career achievements. There's a reason Booking.com is the planet's #1 accommodations site and we're experiencing amazing growth. We're looking for someone to help support Booking.com to the next level. If that's you, please keep reading.
We are currently recruiting for a Regional HR Manager to join our People team in our office in either Singapore or Shanghai to provide excellent HR advice and support to our Regional Customer Services (CS) department.
This is a Human Resources leadership role aligned to support our Customer Services organization in APAC. Scope includes oversight of a team of HR Business Partners providing expertise and counsel in employee relations, legal compliance, training, employee engagement, total rewards, and talent planning to lead the people agenda across 5 sites. Close partnerships with our Regional Director – CS APAC and the local management of our CS sites/offices across APAC (Shanghai, Singapore, Seoul, Bangkok and Tokyo) will be key to enable the delivery of integrated HR solutions to maximize people and business performance, and ensure our HR function is dynamic and capable of supporting the delivery of ambitious growth plans.
- Team leadership - Set clear expectations, provide effective coaching, invest in development and motivate team to deliver fantastic support to our employees.
- Business partner - Engage with department leadership as a partner to maximize people capability and organizational effectiveness through expert consultation.
- Employee relations leader - Mentor and develop your HR team to administer benefits, workers compensation,and leave programs. Ensure policies, practices, and procedures are administered in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with all applicable local laws. Through team and sometimes directly, manage issue intake, investigation, and path to resolution efficiently and to minimize risk.
- Trend analysis - Proactive assessment and identification of people issues and opportunities via data and scenario analysis supported with formulation and presentation of solutions in partnership with HR colleagues, leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Talent management - Oversight of talent initiatives for department:
- Performance – Review, messaging, improvement
- Development - Professional development plans, training, experiential assignments
- Talent needs - Workforce assessment, succession plans
- Training - Oversee leverage of existing learning resources and/or direct facilitation of targeted developmental, risk management, cultural, people systems / processes and other curriculum.
- Global alignment - Executes as a member of the Booking.com global People community, aligning to and fully supporting company initiatives and team commitments. Work with colleagues in the HR shared services (compensation, benefits, HRIS, talent, recruiting) to assure good alignment with employee needs and ongoing process/service improvement initiatives
- Workplace culture champion - Represents the cultural cornerstones of the company such as humility, innovation, experimentation, customer focus, diversity and integrity. Works closely with site leaders to ensure the best possible employee experience.
- Talent acquisition - Contributes to workforce planning, headcount management, talent selection and onboarding.
- Commitment to academic excellence and continuous learning illustrated by completion of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources
- Proven track record within multiple HR disciplines most importantly employee relations, training and development, and talent acquisition.
- 7 years+ of direct supervision of human resources professionals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment; e-commerce, service or hospitality industry experience in an operations environment is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in execution of people initiatives focused on business priorities.
- Strong project management skills and adept at change management.
- Proven ability to leverage data and trend analysis to identify issues then advise on path to improvement or solutions.
- Engaging and professional style that supports teamwork and putting others forward.
- Embraces and exhibits humility as this is a foundational component of the Booking.com culture.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight.
- Solutions focused and flexible, able to cope well with and lead teams through change.
- Experience working with senior leadership, is self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organization.
- Frequent domestic and periodic international travel is to be expected in this role.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is looking for a Regional HR Manager - APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top