Purchase to Pay Manager
Booking.com, part of The Priceline Group listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company's global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance. Do you have a proven track record of leading and developing a global P2P process organization including multinational change management? Are you detail oriented and service minded but you can also see the bigger picture from the business side when facilitating a P2P process? Are you data-driven and can you quickly set priorities in order to make decisive decisions to get things done? Do you like leading and interacting with people while dealing positively with constant change? Then this role could be right for you – come join our young and dynamic finance operations team!
The Global Finance Operations team in Amsterdam is looking for a Purchase-to-Pay Manager to lead a team of 25 experienced finance professionals. P2P is a part of the strategy for Finance Operations at Booking.com, focusing on an efficient and collaborative service delivery, process execution and the growth of purchasing, accounts payables and related accounting processes. The position holder will collaborate with many function across the business and thereby support finance management in their objectives while driving the growth of the company. This role will report to the Manager Global Accounting Operations.
- Lead and grow an efficient P2P process team, including development, integration, testing and deployment of further automation and process improvements
- Lead the global P2P roadmap as well as the daily P2P operations in Amsterdam, month-end process, delivering target KPI's and relevant reporting and analytics
- Kick off and drive projects to improve operations and service delivery
- Lead and coach the P2P team members in their personal development and ensure career growth is possible within, and beyond the department and company disciplines.
- Ensure a healthy and robust internal control and risk mindset, including SOX reporting and accountability as well as to safeguard that controls are delivered and relevant policies are compiled to.
- Provides data driven assessments and proposals to solve complex business problems for area of purchase-to-pay
- Be a trusted advisor to the senior leadership and wider management on their P2P business needs, issues and emerging trends
- +5 years of relevant managerial and leadership practice in the field of Purchase-to- Pay or Accounting Operations in an international setting of a global organization
- Proven track record of implementing, developing and roll out of a P2P function in a multifunctional, international environment including change management and compliance
- Qualified Accountant CIMA / AACA / CAP / RA. MSc. or Bachelor degree in finance or business related subject with profound knowledge of accounting standards and guidelines such as US-GAAP
- Experience of fostering a solid control and compliance environment in operations for a global finance environment
- Able to display a history of successfully negotiating and influencing internal and external senior stakeholders around the globe
- Relevant experience of processes management based on a large-scale ERP system, preferably SAP
- Solid credentials in leading and motivating highly diverse group of team leads and staff members including employee reviews, appraisals and assessments
- Exhibit superior analytical, conceptual and strategically skills
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Purchase to Pay Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top