Public Affairs Officer
Booking.com is looking for a Public Affairs Officer to support its global Public Affairs function in Amsterdam. The position holder will help ensure consistency and scalability in the implementation of our Public Affairs strategy and will make sure we are better equipped to proactively approach Public Affairs issues globally.
The Public Affairs Officer will support the Public Affairs team and work closely with other departments (like Legal and PR) and local offices, as well as with external partners.
You will be part of the Public Affairs Department and will operate from our global headquarters located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Manage the execution of defined projects contributing to the Public Affairs strategy
- Help to create, update and localize a global public affairs toolkit with materials that can be used across different territories by different internal and external stakeholders
- Draft position papers, presentations and other material targeting political decision-makers
- Coordinate external consultants across various markets, keep track of agreed milestones and work with other partners (e.g. trade associations, research firms, translation and design agencies)
- Create and update a central overview of research/relevant legislation that will aid the overall Public Affairs team in their endeavors.
- Develop standardized event formats and organize external events jointly with consultancies
- Coordinate and manage internal Public Affairs trainings
- University degree in political/social science, or communications or similar
- Relevant 3 + work experience years, ideally in a Public Affairs position or communications agency
- Track record in the travel and/or tech sectors a plus
- Experience in organizing events and/or trainings a plus
- Ability to distil complex information into clear messages that will resonate with political and regulatory audiences
- High quality written skills and practical experience in drafting materials for use by regulators, senior executives or politicians
- Strong digital skills (including G Suite, social media and Microsoft Office)
- Experienced in handling multiple issues and projects in parallel and coordinating various stakeholders
- Verbal and written English at near native level; any other languages a plus
- An excellent team player who values team achievements over individual contributions?
- Strong in organisation skills and have an eye for detail?
- Hands on? (following through on agreed action plans and focused on measurable results)
- Able to deal with ambiguity and change?
- Strongly interested in the political landscape?
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Public Affairs Officer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top