Program Manager - Global Business Continuity
Booking.com B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™, the market-leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Program Manager of Global Business Continuity to lead and drive strategy and implementation efforts across the company.
You are part of the recently created Business Resiliency Team, which is about strategically planning for the worst by bringing together Global Crisis Management and Global Business Continuity and maintaining a standard approach for incident management across the departments. This position will also require facilitating the development, implementation, and maintenance of preparedness processes and solutions throughout the organization, as well as supporting management during a disruption or crisis situation.
The objective is to create the highest level of efficiency for Booking.com through process, guidance, data use, awareness, support, and resiliency tools implementation and management to enable the resiliency teams to provide the best-in-class services for our business.
We are searching for a Program Manager - Global Business Continuity who is highly motivated to managing continuity risks to Booking.com, its employees, customers, reputation, assets, and interests of stakeholders. Working closely with Business Continuity "coordinators" within key Operational Business Units, you will provide all necessary guidance and tools.
This role supports the coordinators in identifying potential key risk events affecting our operations and develop preventative/corrective measures. The Business Continuity roadmap will need to be established in close collaboration with a number of stakeholders from supporting functions to leadership executives.
- Work directly with key supporting teams and leadership team within Tech, Product, Commercial Operations and Security to identify the key risks to our operations and develop a roadmap to maintain, or rapidly recover business-critical assets and services in the event of a sudden disruption to Business As Usual.
- Be an active member and supporter of a broader BC committee
- Be the point of contact for BC at Group Level
- You need to be able to oversee situations quickly and support the execution of business continuity strategies across multiple Business Units and stakeholders.
- The Global Business Continuity roadmap will need to focus on Operational Resilience, Disaster Recovery as well as Global Incident Response Plan.
- Manage all business continuity processes from creation to supporting implementation through business continuity coordinators within different Business Units.
- To manage and coordinate the company's activities for implementing and maintaining BC plans and procedures.
- To facilitate BC workshops across Business Units (BU) in collaboration with BU BC leads/managers.
- To be the main point of contact, providing guidance and support on BC matters globally
- Drive on-going review and improvement of the Business Continuity Management Programme:
- Lead and Manage enterprise Business Impact Analysis & Risk Assessments to be performed and maintained
- BC & Crisis Management Plans to be created and updated
- BC Awareness and training program to be developed and refreshed
- Key 3rd party & partner BC arrangements to be reviewed and assessed.
- Build connections across the group (brand level) regarding Business Continuity
- 7+ years of experience in business continuity development and implementation/risk management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs - work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams.
- Able to work both on a team and independently to deliver results;
- Keep our partners and customers at the center of everything we do, and ensure they always have a positive experience
- Design, support implementation and maintain a global Business Continuity framework
- Create clear communication structure to engage with all business units on the framework
- Drive business continuity committee efforts in order to continuously evaluate KPIs and ongoing developments
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and ability to analyze large data sets with Hadoop, MySQL and/or Hue;
- Degree in Business, Engineering or MBA;
- Previous experience within a medium to large, multi-functional, customer-facing enterprise
- Great stakeholder management and problem-solving skills;
- Hands-on attitude;
- Crisis management experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written to unique audiences)
- Project management experience is a plus;
- Think in terms of processes and a good business sense with an analytical mind;
- Objectively perform cost-benefit analyses and make unbiased recommendations;
- Facilitate, guide and influence different areas in the organization.
- Being available on call outside of office hours when incidents occur
Back to top