Product Performance Manager – North APAC
Based in the Tokyo office, you will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Booking.com BV performance strategy with accommodations within your region. In this capacity you monitor market developments and encourage local execution through training, communication and interaction. You work closely with the Commercial Excellence Manager, Area Managers and Regional Director to analyze and identify competitive landscape, gameplay and positioning in your region in line with the global strategy of Booking.com BV.
The role consists of improving accommodation performance through pricing and a variety of other performance topics, and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. Performance topics can include payments, availability, policies, and other performance optimisation tools.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relations; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on pricing and performance.
- Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within the assigned region.
- Fully own and understand the position of pricing and performance in your region according to guidelines provided by Booking.com BV in Amsterdam.
- Providing information and support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on property performance within your region
- Understand channel dynamics and channel partner behaviors
- Analyze and identify competitive landscape, gameplay and positioning
- Feedback to Commercial Excellence community on escalated performance issues and proposed performance business cases
- Support Booking.com BV on pricing product roll outs
- Working with the Commercial Excellence Manager, Regional Managers, Area Managers, Senior Account Managers & Account Managers to educate all in order for them to understand competitive landscape the complex topic of pricing, and other performance topics and how best to approach our accommodation partners on the subject of performance in order to drive growth, team knowledge and effectiveness on those topics.
- Train local teams on performance topics
- Identify performance opportunities & challenges in performance
- Align with Commercial Excellence Manager, Regional Managers, Regional Director and Area Managers, to set local goals and monitoring to implement Booking.com BV Amsterdam's Performance guidance.
- Communicate roll outs of pricing innovations set by Booking.com BV Amsterdam
- Help local teams to encourage properties to comply with Booking.com BV Amsterdam's pricing and performance strategies to drive growth
- Visit offices within regions to assist on all of the above
- Coach local teams on property and group meetings to assist in performance topics
- Extensive knowledge of the Online Travel Agent business and different models used
- Excellent understanding of the hotel market and how Performance works
- Clear understanding of the competitive landscape
- Strong business focus to win the market through the best pricing for our visitors
- Management experience in a performance optimisation environment. Management experience in leading, coaching and training a team.
- Solid analytical skills and experienced in working with processes and analytical tools.
- Good communication and business skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently within North APAC
- Enthusiastic and determined approach to positively impact the topic of Performance.
The hiring company Booking.com Japan K.K. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Japan. Booking.com Japan K.K. is looking for a Product Performance Manager - North APAC . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top