Product Owner Payments
Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world?
Booking.com is looking for an experienced Product Owner who is passionate about creating frictionless payment processes.
Booking.com is the world's leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travellers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 855,000+ accommodations worldwide, our mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for product owners to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
Facilitating payments is a relative new domain within the product experience Booking.com is offering to their guests and partners. As a result we have the opportunity to define and create an industry leading payments experience from the ground up. While many OTAs only provide their customers with the opportunity to pay with alternative payment methods, Booking.com aims at delivering a customer-driven locally optimized payments experience tailoring to the needs of the customers and partners.
Your role as Product Owner for Payments Platform:
- Leading a cross-functional product team to create and optimize frictionless payment processes, integration of 3rd party payment provider solutions, and define payment flows with our product's (e.g. transport, accommodations, etc.)
- Authorization rate improvement for different payment methods
- Create and communicate vision on how product development teams within Booking.com can leverage the payments platform to improve the Booking experience to our millions of customers and partners
- Engage other product leaders within Booking.com to define development priorities for the platform
- Identify customers behaviors and needs through research and analysis.
- Take full ownership of the product, the prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Analyse, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
Key skills, experience, and knowledge:
- 3 years payment services industry experience (CC services etc.)
- Experience intergrating third party online payments systems (Paypal, WeChat
- Extensive knowledge of online payment industry trends, international payment methods, and standards
- Experience in developing SaaS B2B solutions is a plus
- Extremely data-obsessed, execution focused, commercially driven
- Having the drive to provide our customers and partners with an optimal experience
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Product Owner Payments in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top