As a Product Owner you are part of our newly formed China Product team in Shanghai. Your responsibility includes helping to identify the business opportunities and user pain points relevant to Chinese outbound travel.
Join us and support Booking.com BV's #1 accommodation platform with some of the industry's smartest people!
You will constantly work on product roadmaps, find and test improvements to maximize the commercial impact in line with the global product strategy set by Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam. Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace and respond quickly to new learnings and available data and adapt rapidly is essential for success in this role. On a daily basis, you will work diligently with designers, developers, copywriters and other POs to deliver the highest standard of user experience for Chinese travellers' both pre and post booking.
This position will be based in our Shanghai office.
- Help identifying customers' behaviors and needs through research and analysis.
- Take full ownership of the product, the prioritization of new features and enhancements to existing features in line with the strategy set by Booking.com B.V.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Analyze, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- An ability to translate business needs into business opportunities which can be executed in small steps, and prioritize them according to business value and impact.
- Data driven, customer focused, proactive, creative and innovative.
- Experience supporting new commercial offerings in a B2B setting.
- A proven track record of 3+ years at an internet- based company.
- Pragmatic and results-focused; driven to manage projects full cycle.
- Able to work well independently and within a team; good communication skills with a "can do" attitude toward problem solving.
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in the travel industry is a plus.
- Strong networking skills.
- Ability to clearly outline & present plan and future goals.
- Open for input and feedback, while being able to influence people being challenged by change.
- Ability to manage projects across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals.
- Fluent Chinese and English speaking
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Product Owner. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top