- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are currently looking for a Privacy Analyst, to join our Amsterdam based Privacy Operations Team. As a Privacy Analyst, you are responsible to work on and assist in the development and implementation of the operational privacy processes within Booking.com. The operational privacy processes are centrally managed from Amsterdam and cover data protection legislation across the globe. You will be the first point of contact for internal and external privacy related questions and liaise with the privacy legal team. You will support different departments to make sure processes and controls are aligned with Booking.com's privacy business strategy as well as supporting requests from data subjects and authorities. You will work as part of the team in creating documentation and encouraging/facilitating privacy best practices through your Data Protection Regulation knowledge and experience.
- First point of contact for any internal and external privacy related questions;
- Work closely with the privacy legal team, risk & control, compliance and security teams to handle internal and external related privacy questions (e.g. data subject rights) and support operational data protection activities;
- Perform data management on cases and maintain timelines by ensuring timely actions of involved stakeholders;
- Maintain privacy guidelines and process narratives.
- Maintain a central repository for personal data processes (e.g. data inventory, privacy notices, subject access requests).
- Monitor compliance with the privacy guidelines, process narratives and controls.
- Support in maintaining personal data inventories developed by the business units.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to proactively analyze personal data;
- Possessing a minimum of 3 years of experience in a global large scale corporate international environment in a role involving privacy, data protection, information security or digital compliance or similar experience.
- Good knowledge of GDPR - general provisions, principles, the rights of the data subject, controller and processors, data breaches and records of processing, etc.
- Experienced in drafting and executing data subject rights requests and other privacy processes and operational issues.
- Experience in carrying out privacy awareness and maintaining privacy guidelines and process flows.
- Ability to create, modify and execute SQL database queries to retrieve and analyze data is a nice to have
- Adaptable: Open to new ideas, is a "quick-read" for changing situations and balances long-term view with short-term actions.
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness.
- Analytical with the ability to "think big" and simultaneously understand and appreciate the details necessary to operationalize the privacy strategy and goals;
- The ability to make sense of complex issues and ambiguous situations.
- Self-starter with high energy and drive, fast paced and results driven; forward thinking.
- Proactive, with the ability to quickly respond to issues at hand; able to prioritize effectively.
- First class communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- CIPP/E and CIPP/M certification is a plus;
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best 'deal' possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to shape the future of the global travel industry.
- Opportunity to see the real time impact of your work.
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture.
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of Europe's most cosmopolitan cities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Back to top