Platform Security Engineer - Security Engineering
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com's Infrastructure Security is seeking a passionate engineer who wants to protect the world's largest travel platform against attacks to its production platform. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of all our customers, partners, and employees.
The Infrastructure Security organisation makes security effortless for our different production platforms. As part of this team, you will be performing security engineering, building advanced and novel detective and preventive controls, developing systems to automate remediation and advise product and infrastructure teams on how to keep our data safe.
- Develop security solutions for hybrid production platforms
- Analyze, assess, and respond to security threats or enable other teams to do so
- Design, build and optimise detective, preventive controls and automated response solutions
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Provide security guidance to the tech organisation
- Participate in the security on-call rotation
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of security engineering, Linux security, containerized environments security, and/or cloud security
- Experience with platform specific (Linux, public cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) threats and mitigating controls
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Experience in automation, coding and/or scripting using one or more of the following languages: Java, Perl, Python, Go, Ruby, Terraform and/or similar is a plus
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you are more proactive than reactive.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top