For our Visual Content Operations Team, we are currently looking for a Photo Editor based in Shanghai. As a Photo Editor, you will play an active role in executing visual content operations. You will be part of a team responsible for the ever-growing visual media projects.
Our Photo Editors are detail-oriented, creative and resourceful in finding relevant, high quality visual media to meet the clients' needs. They support the demand for unique content in a scalable way. They possess strong visual acuity and editing skills, which supports their responsibility for curating media for a large variety of business needs. B.Responsible
- Ensuring availability of visual media (incl. photos & video) that meet style guidelines and meet needs of stakeholders and Booking.com's clients throughout various parts of the business.
- Research & purchase relevant media from external sources;
- Critically assess freelance photographers and their deliverables;
- Coordinating and/or executing media projects, photo shoots & assigning photographers;
- Prepare and organize media/images for review and approval;
- Proactively offering project status updates;
- Supplementing, curating, editing, post-processing & managing a compelling media collection to support Booking.com's corporate business objectives;
- Create and edit images, GIFs, short videos and/or other types of motion graphic that accompany editorial stories and marketing copy e.g. editorial for social media platform and APP.
- Possesses knowledge on China’s visual media landscape and trends (i.e. the ongoing technological innovations, what’s trending, etc.);
- Quality control of imagery to provide a modern and engaging brand experience;
- Image post processing as necessary;
- Collaborate with internal teams and assist style direction;
- Support with guidelines and best practices;
- Minimum of two years work experience in picture research;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, basic knowledge of post processing; understanding of video editing and other visual media is also preferred;
- Confident in photo editing;
- Strong eye, well developed composition skills and refined imagery aesthetics;
- Able to follow briefings & understand creative direction;
- Challenges feedback with objective viewpoints and open to receiving feedback;
- Shows operational & business awareness;
- Familiar with stock photography sources;
- Understanding of image licensing terms;
- Attention to detail; proven ability to multi-task; and meet project deadlines;
- Adaptive to changing priorities and critical deadlines;
- Experiences and/or expertise on creative ideation (for visual specifically) based on client’s business needs.
- Independent, self-starting & self-developing
- Native Chinese or fluent written and spoken Chinese, to be able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, freelancers, etc;
- Able to communicate in business English to liaise with stakeholders globally
- You are able to work in Shanghai without a work permit
- When applying please send an image portfolio you have curated and retouched, preferably photos you have taken yourself.
- If invited, assessment of photographic, editing & post-processing knowledge/skills, both technical and Booking.com-specific may apply.
- Please also submit your resume in English.
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Photo Editor. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top