Partner Protection Insurance Manager
At Booking.com, we want to empower people to experience the world. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travellers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. We want to connect travellers with the world's largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts, tree houses and even igloos.
The role of Partner Protection Insurance Manager ranges from driving high-level strategy of innovative insurance products that protect our partners and their properties, to ensuring the launch and scaling of insurance offers globally across user segments. We believe that our Partner Protection Insurance Program is instrumental to accelerate our path towards providing more value and services to our partners.
The Partner Protection Insurance Manager will be responsible for designing the right structure for the project, from business planning to recruitment planning as the programme is launched and evolves over time.
We're looking for someone with excellent project management and analytical skills, a strategic thinker with a proven understanding of insurance value chain, regulatory and compliance landscapes, as well as key players in the market, fully autonomous and fully able to work closely with key stakeholders to take hard decisions that balance tech and legal constraints.
The role requires management of internal stakeholders, such as the product and legal teams, as well as external ones, such as third-party insurance companies and fintech solutions, while managing dependencies and reporting on progress.
- Develops and grows our accommodation insurance programme
- Makes ongoing refinement to optimise the programme and deliver on the vision
- Aligns expectations of internal and external stakeholders (activities, dates, deliverables)
- Tracks the synergy of integration (e.g. consumer attach rate, incremental transaction value, loyalty, cost savings)
- Defines key performance indicators for success and measures projects against goals
- Stays abreast of and shares industry, competitor & consumer behavior trends, and new insurance and technology provider's trends for short and long-term goals
- Manages selection and negotiation of insurance product and technology providers
- Plays the role of business representative to the product teams, serving as interface across multiple parties (cross-function)
- 5+ years of experience in insurance-related project management (insurance company, consulting, fintech, or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience in corporate / commercial insurance, general insurance or risk management in a regulated financial sector
- Underwriting or pricing experience desirable but not required
- Deep understanding of project, programme and portfolio planning and delivery and be able to set standards, propose policy/process, and coach others
- High level of business acumen and ability to manage projects in a technology heavy environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and come up with creative solutions
- A self-starter, driven by own performance, yet actively able to contribute to a team
- Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity. Can bend and twist with the changes as they come your way
- Results driven - excels in getting things done
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plus
What's in it for you?The Partner Protection Insurance Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Partner Protection Insurance Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top