P2P Controls Specialist
Booking.com International B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength - it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
For our Purchase to Pay team and to strengthen our growth with talent we are looking for a
P2P controls specialist
As a P2P controls specialist you will review the month end closing activities and you will focus on internal and external audits. You will support the Team Lead to ensure team compliance and P2P controls (SOX & non- SOX) are adhered to.
It is important that you are familiar with GL accounting and that you are comfortable with (SOx) reconciliations. SAP, project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable.
As a P2P controls specialist you will join our multinational P2P team based in our Global HQ in Amsterdam. You will report to the P2P Team Lead and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. You will support the P2P team being responsible over 70 entities, handling more than 70 thousand invoices on an annual basis.
- Ensure internal control procedures are adhered to and are documented in accordance with the compliance standards and guidelines.
- Strictly keeping deadlines for Month End Close procedures, reconciliations, invoice processing and master data maintenance.
- Actively work on aged items by reaching out to our internal and external stakeholder and vendors defined per area (e.g. country, function, entity) and being responsible in all aspects (e.g. data entry, reporting, analysis and closing) and work closely together with the Accountants on clearing the documents and support on the WO process.
- Act as the first point of contact for performing analysis on specific area of responsibility, regarding financial data such as trends, deviations, exceptions etc.
- Help to identify process and procedural improvements and take the lead to implement changes and best practices.
- Know and perform our internal controls and maintain frequency
- Share risk deck with our team and educate on their importance
- Document controls and maintaining documentary evidence per frequency
- Join monthly risk reviews to review control output and discuss improvements
- Align with the Regions NORAM, LATAM and APAC and share best practice but also actively reach out for feedback to improve
- Role model living Booking values and Booking formula and support team members
- -Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
- “Bachelor degree or qualified education in finance according to a local education system.
- 3-5 years of relevant job experience – in the field of Finance/Accounting Operations/Controlling
- Knowledge of Booking.com internal and external accounting standards and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English.
- Creative & critical thinker, able to think in processes
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Strong computer skills.
The ideal candidate must be open to change, passionate about travel industry and process improvements. He/she should be self-motivated by taking on new challenges and constantly learning new skills and tools. The right candidate will feel comfortable in diverse team-based environment working with a passionate, innovative and focused team.
Only candidate with a valid work permit/ search year permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a P2P Controls Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top