As an Office Manager you are responsible for supporting the daily management of the Booking.com location(s) as part of our office support team for middle and northern Europe. This includes remote support as a fixed responsibility, mobile support between our middle Europe offices or sometimes just as a back-up for an Office colleague. The core tasks of the Office Manager is to be first point of contact and to facilitate smooth day-to-day running of the office including internal and external questions, supporting in-company processes and communication. You are performing in an autonomous manner and are able to pro-actively communicate on planning, results and ideas as part of the Office support team.
The core tasks of the Office Manager is to set up, manage and ensure flawless and timely execution of all tasks, guidelines, processes and contracts that ensure a fluently run office location/s, including their own operational tasks. Look constantly for improvements of processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency. This position would be responsible for decision making on execution level in line with business needs and requests.
The Office Manager is reporting within a matrix structure to the Office Team Leader based in Sweden (direct manager) and is actively taking part in the Global Office Management community.
This full-time position will be located in our Innsbruck office.
Main Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Gatekeeper, Front Office Management
- Provide single point of contact regarding all reception and office matters and action all queries;
- Meet and greet visitors; sign in procedure;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a timely manner;
- Allocate building access fob/key/pass and ensure its return;
- Assist with New Starter first day requirements;
- Distribute and manage incoming and outgoing mail for business and employee's private capacity, including arranging courier requests;
- Know and be able to act on Dawnraid Guidelines;
- Dealing with possible public walk-ins / upset customers;
- Maintain Welcome Visitor's Guide and Reception handbook;
- Assist the business manager(s) in necessary paperwork following local rules and regulations.
- Finance, HR, Real Estate and IT Support
- Facilitate Finance Procedure eg scanning invoices, attending to supplier queries, check for irregularities;
- Working knowledge of all Finance and IT processes and roles;
- Facilitate Helpdesk queries – raise Jira for phone problems, voicemail resets, IT issues;
- Assist with co-ordination of facilities for all new starters including desk allocation, PC/laptop, phones, email accounts and office access;
- Assist area manager, senior account managers and Real Estate Team in case of the opening of seasonal offices, refurbishments or office moves;
- Network and establish relations with colleagues and other departments.
- Day-to-Day – Smooth running of office/s
- Manage dedicated Reception Inbox / shared team inbox/s;
- Establish / maintain office filing systems;
- Order office supplies and consumables and manage stock control;
- Internal distribution of company promotional items and printing materials, business cards;
- Arrange ad-hoc lunches when required eg working lunches' external meetings;
- Provide ad-hoc admin support such as scanning, laminating, printing and binding;
- Walk the floor/s and inspect for handyman works, printer stations are up to date, general housekeeping standards are in place, furniture and machines are in working order; time management;
- Manage office cleaners to ensure canteen and tea points are kept tidy and fully stocked;
- Ensure meeting rooms are set-up and ready for use eg VC, flipcharts, projector, bins, stationery;
- Support H&S process to ensure compliance to local regulations is maintained.
- Supporting Office Team and remote locations
- Support office team in supporting other remote locations; this can include travel on bi-monthly or quarterly basis;
- Manage day-to-day requests from remote locations / team and to ensure compliance of facility agreement is upheld.
- Travel Office
- Assist Travel Co-ordinator / office team with travel requests eg: car hire request, train booking, hotel booking;
- Working knowledge of travel policy and expense policy guidelines.
- Event Support
- Facilitate global celebrations, for example Friends and Family day, Summer party, ad-hoc record celebrations;
- Freaky Friday communications to office and arrangements;
- In-house Hotel Workshops / breakfast meetings / team meetings.
Required skills and profile
- Microsoft Office
- Fluent English and German, both written and spoken
- Good typing skills
- Able to set up comprehensive digital and hard copy filing
- Self- starter
- Solution driven
- Service oriented / Hospitality
- Organized, but adaptable
- Eye-for-detail, friendly, good communicator and negotiator, discrete.
- Education in Administration, Organization and Hospitality
- Up to two years of relevant work experience in a hospitality, client services or other kinds of supporting role preferably in a dynamic and international environment.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what is called the "Booking Deal" with competitive benefits. The minimum salary for this position according to the collective agreement is EUR 2.200 gross per month and can be negotiated depending on skills and experience.
The hiring company Booking.com (Osterreich) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Austria. Booking.com (Osterreich) GmbH is looking for a Office Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top