At Booking.com, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
Booking.com is looking for a network engineer with experience in network automation. You will be closely working with other members of the network and Booking.com IT teams around the globe to ensure continued success for Booking.com. You will be able to make an impact on a more reliable and stable network with better monitoring and automation. With a network footprint around the globe, this role is ideal for those seeking a challenge in an ambitiously growing business and being part of its success.
- Work with the business and users to define needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating and implementing improvements;
- Create scripts with purpose of automating tasks within network and share knowledge with a team;
- Strong focus on innovations and respond quickly and confidently to change;
- Be capable of working proactively and independently in your day-to-day role;
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the other teams to resolve complex issues;
- Collaborate with Network and Security teams on finding the right solutions to existing problems;
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members;
- Assist the manager to improve the skills of junior team members and provide technical guidance;
- Maintain and develop knowledge of technology trends.
- Experience in network automation using programming languages like python (2+ years);
- Detailed knowledge of networking in routing & switching, TCP/IP stack and protocols such as BGP, ISIS, IPv6, EVPN;
- Familiar with Internet architectures and peering;
- Experience in design, operations and automation of global networks, including data center networks;
- Experience with monitoring network quality, availability and performance;
- Experience with public cloud deployments, hybrid networking and terraform is beneficial;
- Experience with engineering, configuration, and operation of MPLS networks is beneficial;
- Experience with DWDM technology and devices is beneficial.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!