Mobile App Designer
We are looking for talented Mobile App Designers who will be given the freedom to research, design and prototype ideas, collaborate closely with developers, test solutions with users and make meaningful improvements to Booking.com's top rated mobile apps that are used by millions of people in China. You will be part of our China Product Development team in Shanghai.
Join us and support Booking.com BV's #1 accommodation platform with some of the industry's smartest people!
Our guiding principle is that by helping the users we help Booking.com's business. As a designer in our China Product team you will be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which will lead new feature implementation in Booking.com's Chinese iOS/Android app. You'll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and conceptualizing broader changes to Booking.com's China mobile app. You will work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyse & test ideas in line with the global product strategy set by Booking.com B.V.
You are excited to design native iOS/Android applications that millions of people use. You excel in solving problems that today's mobile users face by focusing on their needs and designing a mobile experience tailored to that. You are familiar with the state of the art in native mobile app design and you are up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new user interface patterns in China. Your portfolio isn't a series of beautiful but generic templates – it's a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret… because you're always getting better at what you do and you're never satisfied with "good enough".
- Experience: You have at least two years of relevant experience designing iOS/Android smartphone apps for Chinese users
- App Portfolio: Your portfolio of iOS/Android designs demonstrates your excellent understanding of native app design patterns & platform guidelines
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible
- Collaboration: You'll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration
- Visual design: Sketch, Photoshop, Fireworks, MS Paint – whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use
- Design Process: You'll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you'll be required to create beautiful experiences / mockups / prototypes —and follow up with their implementation
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data and learn from it every day
- E-commerce in China: You understand the challenges and the opportunities that a large e-commerce service has to offer
- Developer Tools: Familiarity with Xcode / Android Studio is a plus
- You have experience designing products for Chinese users and local knowledge of the market
- You are comfortable working in English and Mandarin both written and spoken
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Mobile App Designer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top