The Marketing Science team within the Marketing Department at Booking.com is looking for a Media Specialist. This is a role where the world of data driven strategic media planning collides with performance marketing and we are looking for someone who feels comfortable in both worlds. You must feel as comfortable with media planning as you do with the data and analysis. and your focus will be on delivering measurable performance from campaigns.
In this role you will contribute to the development of the Booking.com business growth, by helping to develop and execute the best locally relevant media plans targeted to our audiences. You will do this by selecting the right media channels and by using the wealth of data available to you.
We are looking for candidates who have e-commerce / media planning experience across multiple markets and channels , in particular all digital channels and performance TV. You must feel comfortable creating media plans that are built on data and set up with rigorous testing and measurement.
In this role you will work closely together with the global content & wider global media team, as well as media agencies to help drive the Booking business performance through all relevant media in various markets around the globe. This role is based at our Global HQ in Amsterdam.
- Manage media plan development for key markets by helping developing data driven media plans and tactics, which deliver business results.
- Ensure all developed campaigns are fully measurable and utilize media in the most efficient and effective way.
- Drive local market media planning: this includes media agency briefing, critiquing responses and advising on budget setting
- Ensure the global media strategy & creative assets are utilized in the most relevant way across your key markets.
- Monitor, track, optimise & improve key performance KPI's to fuel business growth
- Establish strong relationships with key leads within global and key local media agency teams for the effective day-to-day management of market campaign delivery. Push & maintain high standard of excellence & agility in the thinking and the executions..
- Assist in comms plan creation & lead in market execution of these plans in collaboration with global content team. Help define the right consumer journey for your markets.
- Must be performance focused and a data driven media practitioner- this is a role where performance is at the core
- Previous experience in delivering performance driven campaigns across digital and offline in particular TV will be highly preferable
- Experience in ecommerce or media planning for ecommerce across all media channels in Europe or Global – you need to have multi market experience.
- Strong digital and interactive media knowledge with understanding of programmatic marketing, experience within DS'P's, DMP's and social media UI's would also be highly valuable.
- Comfortable to move between planning, execution and analysis, able to review performance of campaigns in detail as well as understand correct testing methods to demonstrate media has performed.
- Able to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with media owners and agencies, as well as with internal teams.
- Natural curiosity to media and strong attention to detail, great organizational and people skills and effective team-player.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage many different projects at once.
- Confidently take projects from briefing stage through to completion with limited supervision, and proactively bringing updates forward to supervisors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once to meet deadlines, including managing and directing the outputs of internal teams/third parties such as agency teams.
- Fluent in English, one or more other languages recommended.
- 5+ years of experience within media planning / management
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Media Specialist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top