We are looking for talented Analysts to join our Media Team in our Marketing Science unit, based in Amsterdam.
Booking.com has a strong tradition in data-driven innovation, which is achieved through A/B testing and other experimental designs. In this role you will be responsible for designing, conducting and analyzing experiments—in new and existing channels—run by our Media Team and our agencies. These experiments will range from determining the level of spend in a specific advertising product to comparing differing bid strategies to comparing different creative variations. As such, you will also be responsible for implementing the output of your analytics through optimization. You would work closely together with colleagues in the media and analytics disciplines, who have complimentary skills for driving business growth.
This role would suit an analyst who is comfortable working with large datasets—including log level data—under tight time frames. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability of applying experimental methods to digital media buys. The output of your work will be heavily used to determine the future direction of Media across the business and will likely involve you working with market insights, analyzing and tracking campaign effectiveness and modeling ROI.
A team player with a self-starting approach, you must have gravitas and the ability to get things done. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
- Identify and launch impactful experiments to assess the effectiveness of advertising spend;
- Conduct insightful experiments across the funnel to inform the marketing department whether campaigns are successful or not;
- Design and conduct agile, fast-paced A/B experiments to test variations of creatives;
- Clearly communicate the results of all experiments, both written and orally, to various stakeholders across the business and of varying levels;
- Develop strong working relationship within the Media team, other analytics teams, Marketing Communications team and agencies.
- Apply statistical techniques to answer media team questions/issues as appropriate and generate insights through analysis.
- Control data quality with an eye for detail and effective data integrity.
- Identify opportunities to improve data accuracy to prevent problems or keep them from recurring.
- Master’s degree or higher that included data science, research, machine learning or a related field (preferred);
- 3+ years’ experience, preferably working with big data and/or experimentation (experience in marketing and/or consumer brands is preferable);
- Ability (or demonstrated willingness to learn) SQL, querying DoubleClick Data Transfer files and/or BigQuery
- Demonstrated ability to conduct experiments with a commercial focus;
- A real team player with solutions-focus and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written;
- Proven experience of developing and implementing online/offline marketing campaigns and successful track record in heading projects to success;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Media Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top