Master Data Specialist
Booking.com, part of The Priceline Group listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company's global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
You are detail oriented and service minded, as you can see the bigger picture from the business side when facilitating a purchase to be processed. Can you balance your priorities and get things done? Do you like interacting with people and dealing positively with constant change? Then this role is for you! The Procurement team in Amsterdam is looking for a Master Data Specialist to join the team. Procurement is a part of the strategy for Finance Operations at Booking.com, focusing on an efficient and collaborative implementation and execution of procurement processes. Procurement is responsible for ensuring that all purchases are executed according to well defined and harmonized processes, procedures, tools and systems.
The Master Data Specialist is responsible for processing and coordinating effective procurement team activities related to master data and process mapping.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team Lead to support Management of Finance Operations and Accounting Operations to establish a professional procurement team.
- Generate and analyze internal reports and provide visibility and possibilities for cost reduction, team improvements, support & ensure compliance and standards are adhered to.
- Assists PTL with the preparation of various monthly and periodic KPI reports.
- Assists PTL with Procurement initiatives related to the P2P Project.
- Create procurement best practices and support with mapping processes related with the P2P Project.
- Act as an intermediator between the team and the PTL.
- Liaise with the PTL and accounting operations regarding additional tasks.
- Ensure that daily procurement operations are operating optimally and in a compliant manner.
- Establish workshops and forums to promote procurement development and obtain buy in.
- Function as a backfill for Procurement Coordinator and act as the go to person in regards to the approval matrix and process ownership.
- Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
Required Education, Qualifications & Experience
- MSc., or Bachelor degree in relevant discipline, additional procurement-related training an advantage
- Proficient in both spoken and written English. Ability to speak another language in the EMEA region is an advantage
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and SAP
- 2+ years' procurement experience or experience in the P2P process, preferable procurement experience in area of services.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Master Data Specialist . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top