Marketing Communications Manager
Booking.com is the #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player in the world, yet very few people know about the brand in the US. It’s an exciting and dynamic time for the brand, as Booking.com looks to become the preferred travel brand in the US in 3-5 years’ time.
Booking.com BV has industry leading products, services and a very exciting innovation pipeline, and by supporting the development of an exciting marketing & communications agenda, together we can meet our ambitious goal.
Are you passionate about challenging category leaders? Do you enjoy using insights and creativity to assist developing exciting and results driving communications? Are you interested in testing brand new approaches to marketing & communications? Would you consider yourself equally strong with analytics and creativity?
As Booking.com continues to grow at incredible speed – we are actively recruiting the next generation of marketing communication entrepreneurs as we build our US Marketing team to support Booking.com in achieving its goals. Based in NYC, the team works closely with US agencies, global marketing teams in Amsterdam, and a variety of internal teams and external creative, media, technology and travel partners.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our US team (the role & title is equivalent of a Brand Director or a Group Account Director role in the US).
The role will reside in our offices in New York City, reporting to the US Brand Director, and will work closely with the US team, local agencies and global marketing teams in Amsterdam, to help bringing the Booking brand to life in the US.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in leading the execution of campaigns across both offline & digital channels, have strong e-commerce and/or digital expertise, thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and have a hunger for being on the cutting edge of marketing, and excited to make a real impact for the brand in the US.
- Work with the US Brand Director to support the development of quarterly and annual marketing and communication plans to identify biggest opportunities to connect Booking.com with traveler audiences and to help accelerating growth in the US.
- Lead the implementation of US specific campaigns for both offline and online channels ranging from TV, Digital Media, Social Media,
- Identify consumer insights through data and qualitative research, defining success metrics, and manage the development of campaign briefs
- Lead and inspire external agencies and internal creative teams.
- Manage timelines and be accountable for successful delivery of creative assets
- Support the development of a US Social Media strategy identifying planned, anticipated and reactive opportunities with the goal of making Booking.com part of US travel culture
- Partner with travel, content and media partners and make custom content.
- Collaborate with US Media Manager and Global teams to ensure correct usage of measurement frameworks and tools
- Closely track results, develop and implement optimization opportunities with the goal to consistently improve learnings and performance.
- Create recap reports sharing successes, failures and learnings with US & Global teams
- Work closely with the global Marketing Science team in Amsterdam to better understand US travel audiences, needs, motivations and insights to generate ideas and opportunities to test in the US.
- Attend US & Global marketing and travel events to help identifying new trends, platforms and opportunities to drive an innovation agenda.
- Manage US Marketing Communications budget
Your experience & achievements:
- 8+ years of marketing communications experience on either the brand or agency side leading the development of offline and online advertising campaigns
- Have lead either external advertising, digital and social agencies or internal creative teams.
- Have worked at/with an e-commerce company or have strong digital expertise and very comfortable with implementing and optimizing digital communications and content including programmatic buys.
- Have expertise with social media strategies and content creation for planned, anticipated and reactive opportunities.
- Ideally have experience managing and implementing other marketing strategies including event activation, email marketing and/or influencer and advocacy programs.
- Natural leader; able to inspire and motivate others; great at influencing teams and agencies
- Confident presenting to and influencing senior decision makers
- Both a strategic thinker and hands-on executor
- Analytical, able to interpret data and synthesize learnings
- Strong creative judgement and able to direct creative teams and agencies
- Organized and strong project management skills
- Have a passion for travel
- Thrive in a fast-past, hyper-growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor/Master degree in Marketing, Business Management, or a related discipline
Our philosophy is designed to give you a rewarding package and opportunity:
- Help shaping a global brand and implement innovative marketing communications
- Work with smart, driven colleagues and world-class external partners
- Be a part of a fast-paced, learning and supportive driven culture
- See in real-time the impact of your work
- Work with a great global team headquartered in Amsterdam
- Scope for continuous learning & rapid career development
- Competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Marketing Communications Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top