Manager Strategic Partnerships – South Korea
Strategic partners are an essential part of Booking.com BV’s business – and help Booking.com BV to reach new customers across multiple markets.
We’re seeking a seasoned Manager Strategic Partnerships for South Korea to provide support to Booking.com BV in developing innovative, impactful partnerships throughout the region.
Your market knowledge combined with your experienced commercial and communication skills, together with analytical abilities, will enable you to support building and maintaining impactful long-term partnerships, primarily with new partners.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst taking direction from overseas management.
This role will be based in Seoul and will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships APAC based in Singapore.
- Support Booking.com BV in the research, identification and prioritization of partnership opportunities with websites/mobile platforms and businesses based primarily in South Korea;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to help creating and maximizing new business opportunities;
- Manage all processes leading up to provide support to Booking.com BV in finalizing such partnerships (i.e. lead generation, prospecting, establishing first contact, meetings, contract, integration and follow up);
- Support the partner prospecting-, negotiation- and integration processes
- Build and maintain a professional network throughout the country;
- Ensure that Booking.com BV participates in all relevant tender processes (RFPs etc) and either to manage or participate in the response process as required;
- Monitor, research and report findings on market developments in the regional market; and
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- Provide support in maintaining and developing successful business partnerships with Booking.com BV’s regional partners and manage all aspects of partner interactions;
- Monitor the success of each partner and manage relationships by advising on Booking.com BV’s products and services; and
- Attend industry conferences and events to increase your network and partnership opportunities.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in business development / strategic partnership within the e-commerce space, with a strong track record of establishing and implementing such partnerships;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Korean; any other language skills are desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the travel and e-commerce industry;
- Good business network in South Korea with a strong ambition to keep expanding this network;
- Business, marketing or other relevant (academic) degree;
- Commercial focus, results oriented and an outstanding relationship builder;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Excellent communication & reporting skills; and
- Available to travel up to 40% of the time, to include regular business trips to Singapore and occasional travel to the company’s headquarters in Amsterdam.
- You live in South Korea and do not require a work pass sponsorship to work in South Korea
The hiring company Booking.com Korea Limited is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in South Korea. Booking.com Korea Limited is looking for a Manager Strategic Partnerships – South Korea. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top