Manager Software Development - Data Insights Infrastructure
As a Manager Software Development, you are responsible for leading a group of teams who develop and manage our Big Data Infrastructure. The t eams are running Hadoop clusters of couple of thousands machines and petabytes of data, making sure we deliver a first class platform to our internal users.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option. You get things done via influence, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with our product owners to ensure we are always working towards what's most important for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for your area.
We do agile software development based on Scrum. We build highly available systems to make sure we deliver global experiences marketplace to the travellers worldwide.
- Lead a growing group of agile development teams (5+ teams of ~5 people each)
- Coach and develop team leads as well as team members
- Attract, hire, develop and retain tech talent from around the world
- Work closely with Product Owners to prioritise the most impactful features to users
- Organise team structure to achieve strategic business priorities
- Support team leads in building hight performing engineering teams, solving challenges within the teams
- Manage performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
- 2+ years experience in management of bigger organisations (managing other managers)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Oozie, GCP, etc.), d ata warehouses with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects
- Experience mentoring and managing engineers on content, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Diana N.Quality Executive
Diana supports Booking.com’s customer service agents by providing side-by-side shadow training in addition to offering personalized feedback, tips, and tricks to each agent.
Back to top