Localization Editor – Brazilian Portuguese
This role requires fluent speaking and writing of English and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
Please submit all CVs/Resumes in English.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and aspirational Localization Editor to join our Content and Translations Agency. As a Localization Editor you will work with the local Language team to collaborate closely with various stakeholders such as copywriters and localization team to provide the best experiences to millions of our customers who search and book accommodation through the Booking.com websites, apps and newsletter.
You should have a strong passion for both travel and language, and be able to provide high-quality translations with the commercial sense to help maintain and improve the quality of our products. Our diverse team across the world is united by a single mission: to help travelers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world's best places to stay.
Share your passion and join our talented team to help make nearly a million travel dreams come true every single day!
- Provide commercial and creative translations from International English into Brazilian Portuguese for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the American market
- Create commercial, localized content for the American market
- Maintain the quality of the Brazilian Portuguese version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to American speaking customers
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback
- Higher education in a relevant field
- Native level Brazilian Portuguese speaker and writer
- Fluent level English speaker and writer required
- Experience in translating website content and/or writing commercial texts
- Strong customer focus
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer-assisted translations tools
- Flexibility, accuracy and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills with logical thinking
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team
- Positive attitude
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry
- Must be currently authorized to work in Brazil.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast-growing company
This full time position is located in our Sao Paulo office.
The hiring company Booking.com Brasil Serviços de Reserva de Hotéis Ltda. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Brazil. Booking.com Brasil Serviços de Reserva de Hotéis Ltda. is looking for a Localization Editor - Brazilian Portuguese. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top