Linux System Administrator
As a member of our Technology Production Team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You’ll be working on 8000+ boxes placed in different live operating data centers around the world. You will be part of one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world and work with some of our industry’s smartest people. You will work on a wide range of technologies which include UNIX, Linux, CentOS, Puppet, Chef, Perl, Python and more. By proactively thinking about scalability we can ensure the growth of Booking.com BV.
Booking.com is all about teamwork and it’s what keeps us motivated. We push the limits of our open source technology stack as we solve the challenges that come along with scaling to meet the phenomenal growth of Booking.com BV. As a Linux System Administrator you will support Booking.com BV in:
- Combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of Booking.com BV to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth
- Analyzing, monitoring, configuring, and maintaining the existing system and identify possibilities for improvement;
- Ensuring the reliability and continuity of our global systems;
- Cooperating with other System Administrators, Engineers, DBA’s, Developers and Product Owners during projects;
- Researching, deploying and implementing new systems and solutions, for example on automation or scalability;
- Advanced troubleshooting.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Linux System Administration, preferably with CentOS;
- You have proven scripting experience with at least 2 languages, preferably with Shell, Perl and/or Python;
- You’re experienced in automation and configuration management, preferably with tools such as Puppet or Chef;
- You understand the impact of your decisions on the business, department and team;
- You are able to communicate effectively and are not afraid to share knowledge and ideas;
- You have experience and/or interest in working for in a large e-commerce environment;
- You’re excited to learn more and solve problems in scaling large systems;
- You hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This includes a choice of an Apple MacBook Pro or a Dell laptop as your toolbox, personal & professional development, opportunities to visit conferences and events, Booking.com Benefit program; a 25% reimbursement on privately booked accommodations, medical and dental reimbursements. We will assist you with a generous relocation package if needed, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Singapore. You will also get the chance to visit our beautiful headquarters in Amsterdam 2-4 times a year.
Visa sponsoring is only available only under specific conditions.
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Linux System Administrator. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top