Linux Engineer – Security
We are looking for a Linux Engineer to join our Production Platform Security team at our Amsterdam headquarters. The Production Platform Security team owns the overall security and hardening of our production infrastructure. As a member of this team, your primary goal will be to continuously and structurally improve the security posture and defense of our production platform (Linux), impacting our employees and customers all around the world. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, developing end-to-end security solutions across our production environment.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the security posture of our production platform;
- Consult IT infrastructure teams on security best practices for their infrastructure projects;
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience, and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Work closely with the end user and strive for the reduction of friction;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Take ownership of production platform security and have the freedom to do what is needed to protect our business and customers;
- Create system health/performance dashboards to provide visibility into monitored services for our Security Operations Center;
- Collaborate in the design and development of business-critical systems to meet security requirements and anticipate risk;
- Mentor, coach and steer more junior colleagues across technical and conceptual challenges;
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 5 years experience working in a Systems Engineering position working on designing, implementing and maintaining large, complex and scalable system infrastructures;
- Good understanding of IT security concepts at both a technical and procedural level.
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system integration and administration, and application layers in hardware and/or cloud services/environments.
- Proven scripting and automation experience;
- Strong Linux administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite, Splunk, and HDFS;
- Network administration, troubleshooting
- Familiarity at least one programming or scripting language. For example with Python, Golang, perl, and/or Java;
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ hi-tech professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Linux Engineer - Security in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top