Learning & Development Team Effectiveness Coach
Are you up for joining one of the coolest companies in Amsterdam? Do you want to have an impact on performance and development? Okay, maybe we're a bit biased…at Booking.com we enjoy being part of the fast growing travel industry and we are looking for an experienced Agile Team Coach to strengthen one of our key Learning & Development teams. Below we describe our average day, read on to see if this sound like it could be you!
I grab my laptop and have breakfast in our terrace café, watching cruise ships sail down the river. Amsterdam looks beautiful today! I check my emails and prepare for the week ahead! Before lunch I am supporting a key Finance team to hold a retrospective of their last quarter's performance and team behaviors. Then I have a coaching session with our Risk and Compliance team – helping the team to give each other developmental and motivational feedback during time of challenge.
For lunch I meet with my own team, enjoying a piled plate of delicious food in our huge restaurant. We talk about planning a process improvement workshop and also the upcoming learning conference we are facilitating for our regional colleagues in APAC. it's going to be an exciting learning exchange!
After lunch I facilitate a half day High Performing Teams event for one of our newly formed collection teams. It's amazing to facilitate a session where people come together, discover more about themselves and their team mates and agree on team purpose, goals and working practices.
Before I leave I call into a management quarterly business review to help mangers brainstorm ideas to develop talent opportunities in their department.
Before I go home, I grab a coffee with my Manager, giving him an overview of the progress of the teams I'm supporting. My team then joins us and we hold a stand up, helping each other to know what's in progress, what's coming up and where we may need support in the coming week. I love this fast pace and I love what I do.
As you can see above you have to respond to change, be flexible and recognize that each team uses Agile in its own way. Each team is different and unique, and they adapt the agile frameworks to their needs. Do you think you can hit the ground running and join our awesome team and company?
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching, deliver trainings, facilitate experiential learning workshops and off-sites.
- Coach non-tech teams through tough challenges, and empower them to reach their potential.
- Notice trends and act as a consultant with management, while maintaining a safe coaching environment.
- Proactively look for improvements and come up with new and innovative ways of working.
- Act as an Agile role model and advocate and practice what you preach
- You have experience coaching teams on performance and effectiveness.
- You are an ambassador of Agile and improvement methodologies.
- You have outstanding facilitation skills, creativity and positivity.
- You are a team player, supporting the development of junior team members.
- You have experience facilitating team development.
- You have experience of working globally with stakeholders from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You have experience with team and individual coaching.
- You are flexible and embrace change.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- You proactively take initiative and are able to multi-task and prioritize.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types.
- You have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Clear and understandable business English.
- An affinity with non-tech, support function teams.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Learning & Development Team Effectiveness Coach. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top