Lead Office Manager - HQ
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
The Workspace HQ Manager will lead a team of 13 Office Managers, who are taking care of the daily management of our 13 offices in the amazing city of Amsterdam.
This is a hands-on role with a strong focus on quality as well as service delivery. You will own maintenance and operations tasks such as safe working practices, purchasing of materials, equipment, and supplies, and you will be responsible for site spend control and budget control.
For this we need a Manager who can work at both an operational and tactical level. You'll be working closely with the office management team to ensure a timely and high level execution of tasks. The goal of this role is to ensure our offices are all immaculately run, with high levels of efficiency that exceed our stakeholders expectations and continue to make Booking.com a world-class working environment.
You'll be part of the Workspace Management Team Amsterdam alongside the Change & Control Manager and the Transition Manager Campus. Together, you'll be building the team towards the opening of our Campus Office space at the end of 2021, whilst running the daily operations of our current 13 offices in Amsterdam.
Your responsibilities will include (but aren't limited to):
- Line managing, training and coaching of the Office Management team (ideally 10-13 FTE)
- Develop and sustain a high-quality, well motivated team, whilst ensuring high staff morale, trust and work ethics.
- Build and maintain a team-working environment that supports each other
- Build and develop effective client and stakeholder relationships across multiple levels of the organization and externally
- Implement programs, projects and processes to deliver operational effectiveness targets;
- Develop and implement Office Management initiatives and ensure that office services are aligned to the global needs and guidelines;
- Making annual and quarterly plans and ensure the execution of these plans according to deadlines and necessary resources (including staffing and headcount allocations)
- You are part of the decision making unit and make decisions based on facts and impact analyses;
- Recommend and implement continuous quality improvement practices, ensuring consistency across all sites. .
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards.
- Making sure the external operational services are up to a high standard, and this standard is maintained by all office managers across all sites.
- A minimum of 8-12 years relevant working experience in hospitality, client services or other kinds of supporting function, preferably in a dynamic and international environment. And experience in managing people.
- Strong people management experience
- Minimum HBO or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (facilities, hospitality or Hotelschool).
- Fluent Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
- Able to build a relationship of mutual trust and handle complaints and concerns in a sensitive way.
- Ability to initiate/manage cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize independently.
- Vibrant personality, self-confident and dares to make decisions.
- Have a positive 'can do attitude' and open to change.
- Influencing, leading, and delegating abilities.
- Help others to increase their knowledge and skills.
- Business driven: understand people's questions and provide solutions to different (ad-hoc) requests.
- Experience managing stakeholders, project goals, risks and resources in complex multi-cultural environments.
- Can clearly communicate a view and create buy-in at all levels.
Back to top