It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
As an enabler to our mission we continually invest in our internal infrastructure to enable creating these experiences. We are investing in implementing a best-of-class asset management platform to implement a sustainable, single source of truth asset management solution, where all assets are recorded and managed throughout their lifecycle; which meet Booking.com's regulatory obligations and external demands whilst delivering our business objectives.
We're looking for a Lead Developer & Architect who likes to ask the right questions to the right people in order to align our business strategy with their area, demonstrating broad business knowledge and fierce customer-focus. You take the lead in developing the community and inspire others to do their best work. You are a role model, mentor and strategist who execute technical tasks with excellence.
In this role you will be the de facto CMDB Platform (ie ServiceNow) Architect accountable for the overall health of automation/tooling. You will partner with asset owning teams (ie ITS, Networking, Servers, etc) as they tie their systems and workflows into the CMDB. As the technical leader you will analyze new business requirements and technical implementation solutions using industry best practices, advanced system administration knowledge of the platform to design, build and customise the platform.
- People Leadership
- Inspire and motivate multiple cross functional product teams
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating and advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas"
- Nurture, grow and develop engineering talent in the team
- Foster a great culture that innovates, work together as a team, partner with other Booking.com com teams and roles and celebrates unified success
- Respects the Booking.com values and uses them as a guide to the way we work
- Technology, Craft & Delivery
- Mastery in technology leadership including shaping ways of working
- Engineering delivery, combining hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members.
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve our development process and business opportunities within Booking.com's Experiences Tech organization
- Delivery of the wider Engineering strategic objectives
- Embed Agile ways of working and values within the organisation
- Get into the technical detail where required to coach, support and mentor the team
- Adhere to the default principles for Architecture, quality and non-functional requirements
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices across the department
- Drive a culture of ownership and technical excellence, including reactive work such as incident escalations
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to share learning's and apply these to a variety of projects as applicable
- Architecture & Product Strategy
- Thought partner for Product to define, shape and deliver the roadmap
- Build new products, processes and operational plans
- Negotiate on the strategic importance of own product roadmap features
- Drive innovation in own team
- You are a humble and thought technology leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title
- 7+ years experience in architecting, developing and implementing solutions inServiceNowand experience in setting up CMDB, Asset Management and ITSM from scratch
- You have strong programming skills and experience with integration and understanding of other tools such asARMIS, Workday, SAP, Ivaluva, AWS, JIRA, HashiCorp,etc
- You have good understanding of asset landscape on an enterprise level such asData Center and network setup, end point devices, IT services, Cloud services, etc
- You have experience in establishingAsset life cycle managementacross the board
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Software Developer, you've worked with web applications, distributed systems
- Experience in working on similar type of product(s) that impact customers as our scales
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you act proactively and not reactively
- Prior experience with mentoring, coaching and influencing team members
- Strong stakeholder management experience, strong business and technical vision
- Strong work ethic, self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven, Analytical skills and data-driven mindset,
- You are a humble and thought technology leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.