Lead Commercial Owner
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission – to help travelers discover the world – is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter – experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments – we are actively recruiting the next generation of global entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of leadership functions: technology, design, marketing, product, business development and HR.
We are currently looking for a Lead Commercial Owner Connectivity. You will be responsible for working closely with the global team of account managers to set the account management strategy and performance framework, negotiate contracts with providers on Booking.com's behalf, and furthermore be the Booking.com representative at global and regional Connectivity events, either organized by yourself (Booking.com) or other entities. As Booking.com's representative you will also be at the forefront of driving innovation in the Connectivity industry.
To be successful in the role you must demonstrate the ability to efficiently and effectively manage a geographically diverse, large team and drive significant commercial value for Booking.com and it's partners. You must also be able to use industry data to feedback and inform your strategy implementation for your team.
- Meet all our major providers and develop the relationships with them
- Understand our specifications and being able to discuss these in-depth with the providers
- Cultivate a strong relationship with local connectivity leaders
- Set up a strategy and performance framework that is agreed upon with all local teams
- Utilize industry data to feedback to the team and impact future decisions
- Manage a geographically diverse team
- Initiate and implement commercial strategy for Connectivity division
- Effectively balance needs of internal and external stake holders.
- Significant experience with a Connectivity provider or OTA
- Strong relationship building skills
- 3+ years in a strategic position
- 3+ years in a leading management role
- Experience managing a truly global team
- Successful track record in a sales or account management position
- Ability to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best 'deal' possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to shape the future of the global travel industry
- A high-scale, complex, world-renowned product
- See the real time impact of your work
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of the Europe's most cosmopolitan cities
- Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Lead Commercial Owner in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top