Language Specialist - Vietnamese (Temporary)
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Vietnamese version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This full time position will be based at our Vietnam office.
- Create commercial, localized content for the Vietnam market;
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into Vietnamese for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Vietnam market;
- Maintain the quality of the Vietnamese version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Vietnamese customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level Vietnamese speaker, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry
- You already live in Vietnam, and do not require employer sponsorship to work in Vietnam
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
Back to top