It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are currently looking for a Serbian Language Specialist for our global Content Agency within Booking.com.
In this role, you will be responsible for localizing and managing the Serbian language version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, support material, etc), and communication materials and communication materials (TV commercials, PR releases etc.) for a variety of clients throughout the business.Besides being passionate about language and localization, as a Language Specialist, you have a strong commercial understanding which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete an online language test in Serbian. Passing this assessment is a prerequisite for moving to the next stage of the process, so please make sure you take time to complete it! Please also check the Spam folder, as sometimes our automated email can end up there.
Our ideal candidate is based in The Netherlands, Slovenia or Croatia and will be able to work from the office in the Netherlands in long run; please, also mind that this is a full-time position and we do not offer freelance or part-time options at this point.
What you'll do:
- Providing accurate, attractive and creative translations from English into Serbian for website/app copy as well as promotional and communication materials to appeal to the Serbian market;
- Maintaining and managing the quality of the version of Booking.com, including conducting website/app checks and maintaining language-specific resources, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assessing the quality of external and internal linguists' translation work and providing relative parties with consistent feedback;
- Providing custom language services, as requested by other departments, such as providing localized marketing content, language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to customers and partners;
- Assisting with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments;
- Following time tracking processes and guidelines to ensure accurate reflection of time spent on all tasks and responsibilities
- Fluent spoken and written Serbian accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized content for the Serbian market;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer-assisted translation tools (experience with MT post-editing would be a plus);
- Flexibility, accuracy, efficiency, experience in working with deadlines, prioritization skills, strong analytical skills and ability to multitask;
- Proactive and initiative taker, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry would be a plus;
- Experience in social media content production, audiovisual localization, and conducting market research for the Serbian market would be a plus.
- A day in the life of a Language Specialist
- Why aren't Language Specialists just translators