Language Specialist – Russian
As a language specialist you will provide support in managing the quality of the Russian language on the Booking.com website. Besides having a strong business feel and being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you would have to find ways to maintain and continuously improve the quality of the language in order to support Booking.com BV in attracting visitors to the Booking.com website.
This full-time position will be based in our Moscow office.
- Providing attractive and creative translations from English into Russian for website copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Russian market;
- Assisting with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback;
- Maintaining the quality of the Russian version of Booking.com, including conducting website checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Support Booking.com BV's strategy for availability and supply within Russia.
- Fluent in English and Russian, both written and spoken;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Russian market;
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong business focus;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- Strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation including bonus. We also offer what is called the "Booking Deal" with competitive benefits.
The hiring company Booking.com Russia LLC is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Russia. Booking.com Russia LLC is looking for a Language Specialist - Russian. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top