We are currently looking for a Russian Language Specialist for our global Content Agency within Booking.com.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Russian version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.) and communication materials (TV commercials, PR releases etc.) for a variety of clients throughout the business with content needs.
Besides being passionate about language and localization, as a Language Specialist, you have a strong commercial understanding which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This position will be based in our Moscow office.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete an online language test in Russian. Passing this assessment is a prerequisite for moving to the next stage of the process, so please make sure you take time to complete it! Please also check the Spam folder, as sometimes our automated email can end up there.
- Provide attractive and creative translations from UK English into Russian for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the target market;
- Maintain the quality of the Russian version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, glossaries and style guides;
- Support custom language services, as requested by other departments, such as localized marketing content, language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Russian customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Translate, create, localize and review content for the target market;
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Native Russian speaker, accompanied by excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Russian market;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and the ability to multitask;
- Strong business focus;
- Proactive and positive attitude;
- Strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal training and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.