Language Specialist – Korean (Temporary)
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Korean version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of Booking.com's products. You take action accordingly in order to provide travelers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This full time position will be based in our Seoul office. We are offering a contract of 1 year.
– Translate, create, localize and proofread content for the South Korean market;
– Provide commercial and creative translations from English into Korean for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the South Korean market;
– Maintain the quality of the Korean version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides.
– Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as providing localized marketing content, language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Korean customers;
– Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
– Higher education in a relevant field;
– Native level Korean, accompanied with excellent verbal and spoken knowledge of English;
– Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts;
– Experience in producing localized website content;
– Strong customer focus;
– Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
– Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
– Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
– Positive attitude;
– Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
What we offer:
– A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
– Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in the fast growing Booking.com business.
The hiring company Booking.com Korea Limited is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in South Korea. Booking.com Korea Limited is looking for a Language Specialist - Korean (Temporary). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top