Language Specialist – Japanese
We are currently looking for a Japanese Speaking Language Specialist for our Translations & Content Agency. In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Japanese version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This permanent position will be based either in our Tokyo or our Osaka office.
– Translate, localize and proofread content for the Japanese market;
– Provide attractive and creative translations from English into Japanese for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Japanese market;
– Freelance management support and quality monitoring of the freelance translations as needed
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level spoken and written Japanese, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Japanese market;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Proactive and initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
- You are based in Tokyo or Osaka and do not require work pass sponsorship to work in Japan
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
The hiring company Booking.com Japan K.K. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Japan. Booking.com Japan K.K. is looking for a Language Specialist – Japanese. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top